Jaipur police asked not to argue over jurisdiction at crime scene
Jaipur: Jaipur Police Commissioner on Saturday directed city policemen not to argue over jurisdiction when they reach a crime spot and asked them to handle the situation first.
"I have directed officers and policemen to ensure that they do not argue over jurisdiction at the crime scene. The policemen who receive message first will have to reach and handle the situation irrespective of their jurisdiction and the matter will be handed over to the police station concerned later," police commissioner BL Soni told reporters here.
He gave the direction in the wake of allegations by Delhi gang-rape victim`s friend that policemen in Delhi wasted time arguing over jurisdiction instead of attending to them.
Soni also said that several measures have been taken to provide security to women.
"Helpline for women is functional and we are also going to hold self-defence training camps for them from January 7," he said.
Soni claimed that the crime rate in the commissionerate area in 2012 dropped by 5.74 per cent as compared to 2010 when the commissionerate system was introduced in Jaipur.
He appreciated traffic police for making suitable arrangements for traffic regularisation.
He said the police punched 12,815 driving licences for violating traffic rules and also generated a record revenue of Rs 8.31 crore by penalising drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das