Jaipur shocker: Police arrest truck driver from MP
Dewas (MP): Jaipur Police on Tuesday arrested the driver of the truck which hit a motorcycle in a tunnel killing a 26-year-old woman and her infant daughter while her injured husband and son kept crying for help for 40 minutes but were ignored by other motorists.
The truck driver identified as Heeralal was arrested from the town under the Industrial area station, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Rajesh Vyas said, adding the truck was traced on the basis of toll-barrier records that the speeding truck had crossed after the mishap.
Jaipur police arrested the driver and has taken him along with it after necessary legal formalities to the pink city for further probe, the ASP said.
The 26-year-old woman and the eight-month-old infant who were run over by the truck died in the first accident inside the newly opened Ghat Ki Guni tunnel in Jaipur on Sunday while the man and his son escaped with minor injuries.
CCTV footages showed that the woman`s husband and his four-year-old son beseeched passers-by for help for almost 10 minutes. However, no one stopped to help them, police said.
Kanhaiya Lal along with his 26-year old wife Guddi, four-year-old son Tanish and eight-month-old Arushi was on his way to in-laws` house in Luniawas village from their house in Thikariya village when a speeding truck hit their motorcycle 300 metres inside the tunnel," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Myanmar's armed groups to join Panglong conference
- Brahmos missiles deployment in Arunachal: India can do more for peace, rather than contrary, says China
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!