Jaipur: Suspicious aircraft released after questioning
Jaipur: A foreign chartered aircraft flying from Muscat to Dhaka was detained overnight by authorities here after it entered restricted area over Jodhpur airbase but was released today following questioning of its pilot.
The aircraft with four crew members on board flew over Jodhpur airforce area without permission before its scheduled landing at the Sanganer Airport in Jaipur for refuelling last evening, officiating Director, Sanganer airport, P Krishna, said here.
"The aircraft deviated from its scheduled route but was being monitored. We got information from Delhi ATC about the violation so the aircraft was grounded (at Sanganer airport) and the pilot Ibrahim was questioned," he said.
"Intelligence agencies were also informed. We examined the technical details and submitted our report to the DGCA," he said.
According to the pilot, the aircraft had deviated from the route yesterday because of some technical problem in the GPS system.
He said the Directorate General of Civil Aviation gave clearance to the aircraft today as "nothing suspicious" was found in the investigation.
"The aircraft is now leaving for its destination. Since it was a violation, we gave the pilot a warning letter in this regard," Krishna said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'