Jaipur: Suspicious aircraft released after questioning
Jaipur: A foreign chartered aircraft flying from Muscat to Dhaka was detained overnight by authorities here after it entered restricted area over Jodhpur airbase but was released today following questioning of its pilot.
The aircraft with four crew members on board flew over Jodhpur airforce area without permission before its scheduled landing at the Sanganer Airport in Jaipur for refuelling last evening, officiating Director, Sanganer airport, P Krishna, said here.
"The aircraft deviated from its scheduled route but was being monitored. We got information from Delhi ATC about the violation so the aircraft was grounded (at Sanganer airport) and the pilot Ibrahim was questioned," he said.
"Intelligence agencies were also informed. We examined the technical details and submitted our report to the DGCA," he said.
According to the pilot, the aircraft had deviated from the route yesterday because of some technical problem in the GPS system.
He said the Directorate General of Civil Aviation gave clearance to the aircraft today as "nothing suspicious" was found in the investigation.
"The aircraft is now leaving for its destination. Since it was a violation, we gave the pilot a warning letter in this regard," Krishna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir