Jaipur: Three-year-old battered by step-father
Jodhpur: The step-father of a three-year-old boy has been arrested for brutally torturing the child, who is now in a hospital with a critical condition, his limbs fractured and burn injuries on his face and private parts, police said on Saturday.
The boy, Sanyam Jain, is struggling for life at a government hospital due to the brutality of his step-father, an alcoholic who beat him and scalded him with burning cigarettes on his face and clawed him.
Sanyam, of Vishala village near Sanchor in Jalore district, was on Thursday admitted to the intensive care unit of Ummed Hospital in Jodhpur, some 400 km from state capital Jaipur. Doctors said he has also developed `battered baby syndrome`, like two-year-old Falak who is in a Delhi hospital.
The step-father, Kailash Jain, is a quack and runs an illegal clinic in Sanchor.
"He tried to flee when he came to know that a police case has been registered against him. But he was traced in Sanchor and arrested Friday evening," a police officer said.
During interrogation, Kailash confessed that he was under the influence of alcohol and tortured the boy.
The police have registered a case against Kailash on a complaint by his wife Nidhi Jain.
"As per the statements of Nidhi, she married Kailash in 2001, but the couple got separated after a few years due to frequent family feuds," the officer said.
"Nidhi then married Padamchand in 2007. Sanyam was born in 2010. But as Padamchand was unemployed, she left him as well after the birth of the child," the officer added.
About three months ago, Kailash lured Nidhi into returning to him. "He promised that if she would live with him, he would give up alcohol. But after Nidhi moved into his house, he started consuming alcohol again. He hated the boy particularly," said the officer.
According to the woman`s statement to the police, Kailash would not give the child food and torture him. "Kailash confined the boy in a room at his house Tuesday night and started torturing him in inhuman ways. He put burning cigarettes on his face and threw him on the ground, resulting in fractures to his legs and hands. The boy fell unconscious. Despite that, Kailash clawed him at several places," said the officer.
When Nidhi tried to intervene, Kailash allegedly beat her up also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical