Jaipur`s fine art students wear helmets in class
Jaipur: Students of an art school in
Rajasthan have started wearing helmets before entering
classrooms, as means to safeguard themselves from the shabby
condition of their college building.
Surprisingly, for the last one year, the
under-graduate and post-graduate students of Rajasthan School
of Art, wear helmets when they enter their classrooms,
President of the College Students Union, Ajay Singh Shekhawat,
"It is an ancient monument, its wall, ceiling, roof,
and floor are breaking from every corner of the rooms.
Recently a piece of 5 kg plaster fell on the students during a
class in which one of them has sustained injuries. Since then
the students are very scared of the deteriorating building
structure", Shekhawat said.
He also handed over a memorandum to the Chief
Minister, Higher Education Minister and senior department
"The Government is quite aware of the situation and
the chief minister has announced twice in his budget speech to
shift the college to a safer place, but to no avail so far",
A piece of land was allocated in Shiksha Sankul`s
block number nine, the building design was approved, but the
process got stuck, he said, adding two alternative government
buildings were also proposed, but took cognizance of the CM`s
Due to non-shifting of own college place, the UGC
affiliation was discontinued, Shekhawat said.
A Public Works Department official, said on the
condition of anonymity, that the minor repair and maintenance
was done as and when required, but the whole builing could not
be renovated so easily.
"The students union would launch an agitation on roads
after Deepawali vacation, if the shifting of place is not
done," said Shekhawat.
The college was to be shifted to a suitable place, but
unless the JDA is directed, how could action be ensured, a
Jaipur Development Authority official said.
An approval from the Education Ministry was awaited,
another official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof