Jaswant Singh slams `fake` BJP over ticket denial, supporters attack party office in Jaisalmer
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Barmer/New Delhi: After BJP denied a ticket from Barmer Lok Sabha constituency to Jaswant Singh, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader`s supporters on Saturday went on a rampage and vandalised the party office in Jaisalmer, reports said.
Earlier, Singh had expressed his unhappiness over the ticket denial saying that there was need to differentiate between "real" and "fake" BJP, adding that, things happening the party nowadays are not in the line of its ideology.
The suspense continues on whether the 76-year-old leader will contest as an independent from Barmer seat. The BJP recently gave the Barmer Lok Sabha seat ticket to the new entrant in the party from Congress, Sonaram Choudhry.
"It is so unfortunate that the BJP has been completely taken over by the elements (outsiders), who never have any respect of party`s ideology", he said without naming anyone.
Singh, who currently represents Darjeeling in Lok Sabha, is likely to announce his decision to contest as independent on March 24.
Calling BJP a divided party, the former union minister said, "One which is real and the other is unreal or better put original and duplicate. Unfortunately the duplicate part has the reins of party now."
Reports are also coming that Jaswant Singh is mulling quitting the BJP ahead of the General Elections. Singh also ruled out any compromise on his demand for Barmer constituency.
In a veiled attack, Singh said, "The party has done this to me twice now and now there is no chance of accepting any alternative proposal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal