Jaswant Singh suspects Raje govt`s role in Army land case
Barmer: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Thursday backed his son Manvendra Singh`s charges against the Army, and said without any interference of the Rajasthan government it could not acquire land of any person which was sub-judice.
"It appears that an undeclared emergency has been enforced in Barmer by the state government," Singh told reporters here.
"I appeal to every one that there should not be an emergency in the state... It will not be good for the state," Singh added.
Manvendra had alleged that the Army had taken over his 12 beeghas of land though a case related to the plot of land is pending in the court.
On a question related to Samajwadi Party leader Ajam Khan`s remarks on Kargil war, Singh said the statement was "irresponsible".
Singh, who has been expelled from BJP after he filed his nomination as an Independent from the Barmer Lok Sabha seat, recalled his role in BJP election manifesto committee in which he used to put inputs on defence and nuclear policies.
In another development, Singh`s election agent Rajendra Singh Bhiyad alleged that Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje`s March 28 visit to Barmer and her rally was a violation of election code of conduct.
In a letter to the Election Commission, he demanded that Raje`s visit expenditure be included in the BJP candidate`s account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi