Jaswant Singh suspects Raje govt`s role in Army land case
Barmer: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Thursday backed his son Manvendra Singh`s charges against the Army, and said without any interference of the Rajasthan government it could not acquire land of any person which was sub-judice.
"It appears that an undeclared emergency has been enforced in Barmer by the state government," Singh told reporters here.
"I appeal to every one that there should not be an emergency in the state... It will not be good for the state," Singh added.
Manvendra had alleged that the Army had taken over his 12 beeghas of land though a case related to the plot of land is pending in the court.
On a question related to Samajwadi Party leader Ajam Khan`s remarks on Kargil war, Singh said the statement was "irresponsible".
Singh, who has been expelled from BJP after he filed his nomination as an Independent from the Barmer Lok Sabha seat, recalled his role in BJP election manifesto committee in which he used to put inputs on defence and nuclear policies.
In another development, Singh`s election agent Rajendra Singh Bhiyad alleged that Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje`s March 28 visit to Barmer and her rally was a violation of election code of conduct.
In a letter to the Election Commission, he demanded that Raje`s visit expenditure be included in the BJP candidate`s account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!