Jilted lover throws acid on 18-yr-old girl in Alwar
Alwar: An 18-year-old girl today suffered burn injuries when her jilted lover threw acid on her.
The girl was returning home on her scooty when the accused, Mukesh Aheer (21), along with an accomplice threw acid on her near a railway station flyover here, police said.
"The accused was arrested this evening. The accused said that he wanted to have a relationship with the girl but she rejected. He is being further interrogated at the Mundawar police station," Superintendent of Police Vikas Kumar said.
The girl received burn injuries on face and left hand.
She is being treated at a government hospital where her condition is stated to be stable, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'