JMC Commissioner, two employees held for accepting bribe
Jodhpur: Tightening the screws on corruption, sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau have arrested the Commissioner and two staffers of Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) for allegedly accepting a bribe, police said on Saturday.
JMC Commissioner Ram Kishore Maheshwari was apprehended from his residence last night when he was accepting a bribe of Rs 35,000 from complainant Gopal Kishan Bhati for making some changes in name of a property purchased by his sister in 1984.
"He has taken this money through two contractual employees of the JMC in return of signing a long pending file of the complainant," said acting DIG (ACB) Narpat Singh Rathore.
He said Bhati had complained to the ACB that he was made to take several rounds of the JMC for completion of his work.
"Last week, when Bhati met Maheshwari, he advised him to contact two contractual JMC staff--Jitendra and Mohd. Sajid. When he contacted them, they demanded a bribe of Rs 35,000, which was verified by us," Rathore said, adding the ACB made Bhati contact them for accepting the bribe money at Paota Circle last night.
"The moment, he handed over the money to them, which they deliberately did not touch, we caught them and asked them to talk to Maheshwari, which contained some code words," he said.
Maheshwari, a Rajasthan Municipal Services official, then asked them to reach his residence where the ACB sleuths caught him.
"We seized the money and have arrested all the three of them," Rathore informed adding that some files of JMC have also been recovered from his residence.
Twelve days ago the ACB had arrested an Executive Engineer of JMC for taking bribe of Rs 15 lac to be allegedly given to the CEO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks