JMC Commissioner, two employees held for accepting bribe
Jodhpur: Tightening the screws on corruption, sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau have arrested the Commissioner and two staffers of Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) for allegedly accepting a bribe, police said on Saturday.
JMC Commissioner Ram Kishore Maheshwari was apprehended from his residence last night when he was accepting a bribe of Rs 35,000 from complainant Gopal Kishan Bhati for making some changes in name of a property purchased by his sister in 1984.
"He has taken this money through two contractual employees of the JMC in return of signing a long pending file of the complainant," said acting DIG (ACB) Narpat Singh Rathore.
He said Bhati had complained to the ACB that he was made to take several rounds of the JMC for completion of his work.
"Last week, when Bhati met Maheshwari, he advised him to contact two contractual JMC staff--Jitendra and Mohd. Sajid. When he contacted them, they demanded a bribe of Rs 35,000, which was verified by us," Rathore said, adding the ACB made Bhati contact them for accepting the bribe money at Paota Circle last night.
"The moment, he handed over the money to them, which they deliberately did not touch, we caught them and asked them to talk to Maheshwari, which contained some code words," he said.
Maheshwari, a Rajasthan Municipal Services official, then asked them to reach his residence where the ACB sleuths caught him.
"We seized the money and have arrested all the three of them," Rathore informed adding that some files of JMC have also been recovered from his residence.
Twelve days ago the ACB had arrested an Executive Engineer of JMC for taking bribe of Rs 15 lac to be allegedly given to the CEO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon