JMC Commissioner, two employees held for accepting bribe
Jodhpur: Tightening the screws on corruption, sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau have arrested the Commissioner and two staffers of Jodhpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) for allegedly accepting a bribe, police said on Saturday.
JMC Commissioner Ram Kishore Maheshwari was apprehended from his residence last night when he was accepting a bribe of Rs 35,000 from complainant Gopal Kishan Bhati for making some changes in name of a property purchased by his sister in 1984.
"He has taken this money through two contractual employees of the JMC in return of signing a long pending file of the complainant," said acting DIG (ACB) Narpat Singh Rathore.
He said Bhati had complained to the ACB that he was made to take several rounds of the JMC for completion of his work.
"Last week, when Bhati met Maheshwari, he advised him to contact two contractual JMC staff--Jitendra and Mohd. Sajid. When he contacted them, they demanded a bribe of Rs 35,000, which was verified by us," Rathore said, adding the ACB made Bhati contact them for accepting the bribe money at Paota Circle last night.
"The moment, he handed over the money to them, which they deliberately did not touch, we caught them and asked them to talk to Maheshwari, which contained some code words," he said.
Maheshwari, a Rajasthan Municipal Services official, then asked them to reach his residence where the ACB sleuths caught him.
"We seized the money and have arrested all the three of them," Rathore informed adding that some files of JMC have also been recovered from his residence.
Twelve days ago the ACB had arrested an Executive Engineer of JMC for taking bribe of Rs 15 lac to be allegedly given to the CEO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range