Jodhpur court rejects Asaram`s third bail plea
Jodhpur: A district and sessions court here on Thursday rejected the third bail application of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu sought on health grounds, which the public prosecutor claims is normal.
According to the Public Prosecutor R L Meena, Asaram had sought bail on health grounds besides other reasons, which have been mentioned in his previous bail application.
"But we objected and produced his health reports, which have come out to be normal," Meena said.
Jodhpur district court judge Manoj Kumar Vyas rejected the bail application considering no change in the circumstances and also the trial of Asaram`s case had begun.
On two previous occasions, the High Court also rejected his bail application.
The self-styled Godman had been admitted to Ayurveda hospital of Jodhpur`s Ayurveda University for over two weeks for the treatment of different ailments and was discharged early this week.
Before this, the High Court had rejected all the applications moved by his counsels pleading to consider the victim girl an adult, provide the recordings and video footages of the recording of the statements of the victim and the call details of her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!