Jodhpur pregnancy deaths: IV fluids firm manager detained
Jodhpur: A manager of a firm which allegedly manufactured the contaminated IV fluids responsible for the deaths of at least 12 pregnant women at a government hospital here was detained in Indore town of Madhya Pradesh Sunday, police said.
A team of Jodhpur police officers who went to Indore to probe the case detained Sanjay Shah, manager (production) of Parental Surgical India Pvt Ltd.
"We have detained Shah who was responsible for production as well as quality control and he is being brought to Jodhpur for further interrogation," Jodhpur Police Commissioner Bhupendra Kumar Dak said.
He added that Shah was likely to be produced in a court here Monday.
Over a period of 10 days, 13 women, 12 of them pregnant, died of excessive bleeding at Umaid Hospital here after they were allegedly administered contaminated IV fluids of a particular batch manufactured by Parental Surgical India Pvt Ltd.
Hospital superintendent Narendra Changani had lodged a complaint with the police against the company and a local distributor`s firm Anshul Pharma after microbiological examination of IV fluids suggested presence of some bacteria.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!