Kalyan Singh sworn-in as Rajasthan Governor
Jaipur: Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Kalyan Singh was on Thursday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Rajasthan.
Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Sunil Ambwani administered the oath of office to Singh, 82, at a ceremony held at Raj Bhawan here.
Before that, Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehirshi read out the warrant of appointment issued by the President.
Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and senior officers were present on the occasion.
Enthusiastic party workers shouted slogans 'jai shree ram' and 'vande matram' when Singh was taking the oath. He was also given a guard of honour.
UP Governor Ram Naik was holding the additional charge of Rajasthan before the appointment of Kalyan Singh.
Naik was given the additional charge of Rajasthan after Margaret Alva completed her term on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets