Kamla Beniwal likely to leave Mizoram tomorrow
Aizawl: Sacked Mizoram Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal is likely to leave Mizoram for Jaipur Friday, Raj Bhavan sources said here.
Beniwal, who was scheduled to visit Hmuifang Tourist Resort, about 50 km from here, cancelled her programme, sources said.
As she was leaving with a short notice, it would be impossible to organise the ceremonial farewell dinner for her, state Protocol department officials said.
"An official farewell function where she would be accorded a guard of honour would be organised at the Lengpui Airport the day she is leaving which would be attended by the acting Chief Minister R Lalzirliana (Home Minister) and senior officials," the officials said.
Beniwal was transferred from Gujarat to Mizoram and sworn-in as the state Governor on July nine and she had arrived here on the same day.
However, the Governor, who had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was Gujarat Chief Minister, was sacked last night, just two months before her tenure comes to an end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown