Kamla Beniwal likely to leave Mizoram tomorrow
Aizawl: Sacked Mizoram Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal is likely to leave Mizoram for Jaipur Friday, Raj Bhavan sources said here.
Beniwal, who was scheduled to visit Hmuifang Tourist Resort, about 50 km from here, cancelled her programme, sources said.
As she was leaving with a short notice, it would be impossible to organise the ceremonial farewell dinner for her, state Protocol department officials said.
"An official farewell function where she would be accorded a guard of honour would be organised at the Lengpui Airport the day she is leaving which would be attended by the acting Chief Minister R Lalzirliana (Home Minister) and senior officials," the officials said.
Beniwal was transferred from Gujarat to Mizoram and sworn-in as the state Governor on July nine and she had arrived here on the same day.
However, the Governor, who had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was Gujarat Chief Minister, was sacked last night, just two months before her tenure comes to an end.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on