Kamla Beniwal likely to leave Mizoram tomorrow
Aizawl: Sacked Mizoram Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal is likely to leave Mizoram for Jaipur Friday, Raj Bhavan sources said here.
Beniwal, who was scheduled to visit Hmuifang Tourist Resort, about 50 km from here, cancelled her programme, sources said.
As she was leaving with a short notice, it would be impossible to organise the ceremonial farewell dinner for her, state Protocol department officials said.
"An official farewell function where she would be accorded a guard of honour would be organised at the Lengpui Airport the day she is leaving which would be attended by the acting Chief Minister R Lalzirliana (Home Minister) and senior officials," the officials said.
Beniwal was transferred from Gujarat to Mizoram and sworn-in as the state Governor on July nine and she had arrived here on the same day.
However, the Governor, who had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was Gujarat Chief Minister, was sacked last night, just two months before her tenure comes to an end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa