‘Kejriwal should back charges by sufficient proof’
Jaipur: Dismissing activist Arvind Kejriwal`s charges against Robert Vadra and realty major DLF, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday said that such allegations should be supported by sufficient proof.
"About this I have to say that if you make an allegation, there should also be proof," he said here while interacting with mediapersons who sought his response on the allegations made by Kejriwal.
"If you have proof you should go to the courts," Gehlot said, adding that there have been instances when PILs were filed against several prominent political leaders.
He also said that Congress party has made its stand clear over the issue.
"Congress has made its position very clear on this.
The party spokespersons have spoken about it, Finance minister P Chidambaram has also spoken," Gehlot said.
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan have alleged that Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, had been hugely favoured by DLF, a charge denied by both.
The Rajasthan Chief Minister said that allegations had been made against him and his family members in the past which could not stand the scrutiny in the courts.
"Around eight months back allegations had been hurled against me that my son or others had done this or that," he said and added that all these charges were rejected in the courts.
"If allegations are made against me or my son, then media has to take it in a particular manner because I happen to be the Chief Minister of a state," he said.
Referring to BJP, Gehlot said the party had deputed some of its leaders only to hurl allegations.
"All that they do is that some people only make allegations. If you make allegations you should also give proof and answer questions asked by the media," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'