Key suspect in Bhanwari Devi case surrenders
Jaipur: In a significant development, Sahiram Bishnoi, a key suspect, in the case of alleged kidnapping and murder of Rajasthan nurse Bhanwari Devi surrendered before the Jodhpur court on Friday.
The court sent Bishnoi to the custody of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) till January 02.
Bishnoi, who carried a cash reward of Rs 500,000 on his head for his role in the kidnapping and suspected murder of the nurse Sep 1, surrendered before the court of the additional chief judicial magistrate.
The CBI had launched a frantic search for Bishnoi when he went missing a few days after the nurse disappeared from Jodhpur rural`s Bilara area.
In a chargesheet filed in a court here earlier, the CBI had claimed that Bishnoi had got Bhanwari Devi kidnapped and possibly killed at the behest of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna.
Bhanwari Devi’s husband Amarchand was sent to judicial custody by the court on Thursday.
Amarchand was arrested by the CBI on December 8 after he failed to give satisfactory answers to the probe agency in connection with her wife`s mysterious disappearance on September 1.
He claimed that his wife had been kidnapped at the behest of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, who allegedly featured in a CD showing the two in a compromising position.
Maderna was arrested in Jodhpur December 3 and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, Congress legislator from Luni constituency, December 19.
The agency had also arrested Parasram Bishnoi, brother of Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
The agency had earlier filed a charge sheet against the other three arrested accused in the Jodhpur court.
In the charge sheet, Shahabuddin, Balia and Sohanlal were charged under Sections 364 (abduction with an intent to kill) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code and various sections of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical