Kidnapped French national rescued; three held
Jaipur: A 25-year-old French national was on Monday rescued by police here after he was allegedly kidnapped by a trio.
According to tourist police station in-charge Bhagwan Sahay, following an alert from the French Embassy about the alleged kidnapping of Frenchman Anthony Leonitat, they set up check-posts in the city and rescued the youth while nabbing three persons who were allegedly involved in the affair.
Police said that the three accused had kidnapped the French youth from near a hotel in the city. They then made him call his family back in France and placed a demand for a ransom for his release.
However, once the French Embassy was notified about the matter, it got in touch with Jaipur police who then took immediate steps to trace the French national.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1