Kidnapped French national rescued; three held
Jaipur: A 25-year-old French national was on Monday rescued by police here after he was allegedly kidnapped by a trio.
According to tourist police station in-charge Bhagwan Sahay, following an alert from the French Embassy about the alleged kidnapping of Frenchman Anthony Leonitat, they set up check-posts in the city and rescued the youth while nabbing three persons who were allegedly involved in the affair.
Police said that the three accused had kidnapped the French youth from near a hotel in the city. They then made him call his family back in France and placed a demand for a ransom for his release.
However, once the French Embassy was notified about the matter, it got in touch with Jaipur police who then took immediate steps to trace the French national.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand