Kidnapped French national rescued; three held
Jaipur: A 25-year-old French national was on Monday rescued by police here after he was allegedly kidnapped by a trio.
According to tourist police station in-charge Bhagwan Sahay, following an alert from the French Embassy about the alleged kidnapping of Frenchman Anthony Leonitat, they set up check-posts in the city and rescued the youth while nabbing three persons who were allegedly involved in the affair.
Police said that the three accused had kidnapped the French youth from near a hotel in the city. They then made him call his family back in France and placed a demand for a ransom for his release.
However, once the French Embassy was notified about the matter, it got in touch with Jaipur police who then took immediate steps to trace the French national.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured