Kidnapped French national rescued; three held
Jaipur: A 25-year-old French national was on Monday rescued by police here after he was allegedly kidnapped by a trio.
According to tourist police station in-charge Bhagwan Sahay, following an alert from the French Embassy about the alleged kidnapping of Frenchman Anthony Leonitat, they set up check-posts in the city and rescued the youth while nabbing three persons who were allegedly involved in the affair.
Police said that the three accused had kidnapped the French youth from near a hotel in the city. They then made him call his family back in France and placed a demand for a ransom for his release.
However, once the French Embassy was notified about the matter, it got in touch with Jaipur police who then took immediate steps to trace the French national.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking