Kin of Beed`s disgraced doctor couple commits suic
Beed (Maha): A relative of disgraced doctor couple arrested for the death of a woman in May allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday, police said.
Angad Kendre, brother-in-law of Sudam Munde, who along with his wife Saraswati has been accused of running an illegal sex determination and abortion racket at their hospital, was found dead this evening.
The body of Kendre, Saraswati`s brother, was found under a tree near the farm of Sudam in Nandagaul village here in Central Maharashtra, they said.
Police suspect Kendre ended his life by consuming poison. His body has been sent for post mortem at Swami Ramanand Tirth Medical College in Ambajogai tehsil.
Kendre, along with the doctor couple and two others, was arrested last month for the death of Vijaymala Mahadev Patekar, a sugarcane harvester, at Mundes` hospital on May 18.
He was granted bail later. Sudam and his wife are prime accused in the case.
Patekar died due to hemorrhagic shock following second trimester abortion and heavy blood flow. The woman, who was suspected to be carrying a female child, was operated at the clinic run by Sudam and his wife in Parli tehsil.
It is alleged that Kendre was part of the illegal sex determination and abortion racket at the hospital and used to help in disposing aborted foetuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi