Kota bridge collapse: one more official arrested
Kota (Raj): Police have arrested one
official from Germany in connection with the collapse of the
under-construction bridge over Chambal that killed 48
labourers last month, taking the number of those in custody to
The official is a team leader and senior consultant
hired by NHAI from HBG, a UAE based firm, IG (Kota range),
Rajiv Dasot said.
J Pruefer, arrested yesterday, was produced before the
district sessions court, which sent him to 15 days judicial
custody till January 27.
Dasot said Pruefer had a "major responsibility" and was
"supposed to be present at the site." He was booked under
various sections of the IPC.
Rajat Chattopadhya, deputy project manager of Gammon
India and R Y Yoo, Chief Project Manager of Hyundai were
already arrested. They were remanded in 15-day judicial
custody and lodged in Kota central jail.
The hanging bridge constructed under East-West
Corridor plan, had collapsed on December 24 killing 48 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt