Kota bridge collapse: one more official arrested
Kota (Raj): Police have arrested one
official from Germany in connection with the collapse of the
under-construction bridge over Chambal that killed 48
labourers last month, taking the number of those in custody to
The official is a team leader and senior consultant
hired by NHAI from HBG, a UAE based firm, IG (Kota range),
Rajiv Dasot said.
J Pruefer, arrested yesterday, was produced before the
district sessions court, which sent him to 15 days judicial
custody till January 27.
Dasot said Pruefer had a "major responsibility" and was
"supposed to be present at the site." He was booked under
various sections of the IPC.
Rajat Chattopadhya, deputy project manager of Gammon
India and R Y Yoo, Chief Project Manager of Hyundai were
already arrested. They were remanded in 15-day judicial
custody and lodged in Kota central jail.
The hanging bridge constructed under East-West
Corridor plan, had collapsed on December 24 killing 48 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj