Kota bridge collapse: one more official arrested
Kota (Raj): Police have arrested one
official from Germany in connection with the collapse of the
under-construction bridge over Chambal that killed 48
labourers last month, taking the number of those in custody to
The official is a team leader and senior consultant
hired by NHAI from HBG, a UAE based firm, IG (Kota range),
Rajiv Dasot said.
J Pruefer, arrested yesterday, was produced before the
district sessions court, which sent him to 15 days judicial
custody till January 27.
Dasot said Pruefer had a "major responsibility" and was
"supposed to be present at the site." He was booked under
various sections of the IPC.
Rajat Chattopadhya, deputy project manager of Gammon
India and R Y Yoo, Chief Project Manager of Hyundai were
already arrested. They were remanded in 15-day judicial
custody and lodged in Kota central jail.
The hanging bridge constructed under East-West
Corridor plan, had collapsed on December 24 killing 48 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi