Kota bridge collapse: one more official arrested
Kota (Raj): Police have arrested one
official from Germany in connection with the collapse of the
under-construction bridge over Chambal that killed 48
labourers last month, taking the number of those in custody to
The official is a team leader and senior consultant
hired by NHAI from HBG, a UAE based firm, IG (Kota range),
Rajiv Dasot said.
J Pruefer, arrested yesterday, was produced before the
district sessions court, which sent him to 15 days judicial
custody till January 27.
Dasot said Pruefer had a "major responsibility" and was
"supposed to be present at the site." He was booked under
various sections of the IPC.
Rajat Chattopadhya, deputy project manager of Gammon
India and R Y Yoo, Chief Project Manager of Hyundai were
already arrested. They were remanded in 15-day judicial
custody and lodged in Kota central jail.
The hanging bridge constructed under East-West
Corridor plan, had collapsed on December 24 killing 48 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31