Kota bridge collapse: one more official arrested
Kota (Raj): Police have arrested one
official from Germany in connection with the collapse of the
under-construction bridge over Chambal that killed 48
labourers last month, taking the number of those in custody to
The official is a team leader and senior consultant
hired by NHAI from HBG, a UAE based firm, IG (Kota range),
Rajiv Dasot said.
J Pruefer, arrested yesterday, was produced before the
district sessions court, which sent him to 15 days judicial
custody till January 27.
Dasot said Pruefer had a "major responsibility" and was
"supposed to be present at the site." He was booked under
various sections of the IPC.
Rajat Chattopadhya, deputy project manager of Gammon
India and R Y Yoo, Chief Project Manager of Hyundai were
already arrested. They were remanded in 15-day judicial
custody and lodged in Kota central jail.
The hanging bridge constructed under East-West
Corridor plan, had collapsed on December 24 killing 48 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal