Kota Railway Division sets record, collects Rs 1 cr fine
Kota (Rajasthan): The Kota Railway Division has set a record by collecting over Rs one crore as fine in the month of November during its ticket checking drive, a senior official said Sunday.
The ticket checking drive was conducted in 37 passenger trains and Rs 1.03 crores were collected in fines from 22,571 cases.
Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Kota division N Madhusudan Rao told reporters here the amount collected as fine by Kota division in the foregoing month of November "is the highest in any such drive during its almost six decade existence".
Rao also informed Kota Railway division had also collected Rs 91.03 lakhs in May and Rs 91.08 lakhs in June of the same year.
The division is also taking measures to check the crimes on the track of Kota?Mathura area and security has also been tightened particularly in air-conditioned coaches.
"Security in the area is also an issue but following the trace out of mobile numbers and faces of the members of criminal gangs working in the divisional area, the number of criminal incidents has considerably reduced," the DRM further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH