Kota Railway Division sets record, collects Rs 1 cr fine
Kota (Rajasthan): The Kota Railway Division has set a record by collecting over Rs one crore as fine in the month of November during its ticket checking drive, a senior official said Sunday.
The ticket checking drive was conducted in 37 passenger trains and Rs 1.03 crores were collected in fines from 22,571 cases.
Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Kota division N Madhusudan Rao told reporters here the amount collected as fine by Kota division in the foregoing month of November "is the highest in any such drive during its almost six decade existence".
Rao also informed Kota Railway division had also collected Rs 91.03 lakhs in May and Rs 91.08 lakhs in June of the same year.
The division is also taking measures to check the crimes on the track of Kota?Mathura area and security has also been tightened particularly in air-conditioned coaches.
"Security in the area is also an issue but following the trace out of mobile numbers and faces of the members of criminal gangs working in the divisional area, the number of criminal incidents has considerably reduced," the DRM further added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India