Kota Railway Division sets record, collects Rs 1 cr fine
Kota (Rajasthan): The Kota Railway Division has set a record by collecting over Rs one crore as fine in the month of November during its ticket checking drive, a senior official said Sunday.
The ticket checking drive was conducted in 37 passenger trains and Rs 1.03 crores were collected in fines from 22,571 cases.
Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Kota division N Madhusudan Rao told reporters here the amount collected as fine by Kota division in the foregoing month of November "is the highest in any such drive during its almost six decade existence".
Rao also informed Kota Railway division had also collected Rs 91.03 lakhs in May and Rs 91.08 lakhs in June of the same year.
The division is also taking measures to check the crimes on the track of Kota?Mathura area and security has also been tightened particularly in air-conditioned coaches.
"Security in the area is also an issue but following the trace out of mobile numbers and faces of the members of criminal gangs working in the divisional area, the number of criminal incidents has considerably reduced," the DRM further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon