Kothari appointed as new Rajasthan Lokayukta
Jaipur: Former judge of the Rajasthan High Court Justice Sajjan Singh Kothari has been appointed as the new Lokayukta of Rajasthan, an official said on Sunday.
Governor Margaret Alva will administer him the oath of office tomorrow, he said.
The post had been lying vacant since May last year after the retirement of G L Gupta.
Kothari`s selection was made by a panel that included the Chief Minister, Leader of Opposition and the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites