Kothari appointed as new Rajasthan Lokayukta
Jaipur: Former judge of the Rajasthan High Court Justice Sajjan Singh Kothari has been appointed as the new Lokayukta of Rajasthan, an official said on Sunday.
Governor Margaret Alva will administer him the oath of office tomorrow, he said.
The post had been lying vacant since May last year after the retirement of G L Gupta.
Kothari`s selection was made by a panel that included the Chief Minister, Leader of Opposition and the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply