Kumher arson: 15 persons convicted
Bharatpur (Raj): A local court on Tuesday convicted 15 persons in the infamous Kumher arson which had left 16 people dead in 1992.
As many as 40 persons were made accused in the case in 1992 while 9 of them died during trial.
Out of the rest 31 accused, 16 were acquitted and remaining 15 were held guilty for killing of 16 people and arson, by the special court in the district today.
All the 15 were sent to judicial custody and the court will pronounce judgement tomorrow.
The violence took place in June 1992 in Satyanagar village in Kumher town where people of a village attacked and killed 16 locals.
Several others were injured in the incident besides heavy loss to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state