Kumher arson: 15 persons convicted
Bharatpur (Raj): A local court on Tuesday convicted 15 persons in the infamous Kumher arson which had left 16 people dead in 1992.
As many as 40 persons were made accused in the case in 1992 while 9 of them died during trial.
Out of the rest 31 accused, 16 were acquitted and remaining 15 were held guilty for killing of 16 people and arson, by the special court in the district today.
All the 15 were sent to judicial custody and the court will pronounce judgement tomorrow.
The violence took place in June 1992 in Satyanagar village in Kumher town where people of a village attacked and killed 16 locals.
Several others were injured in the incident besides heavy loss to property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army