Kumher arson: 15 persons convicted
Bharatpur (Raj): A local court on Tuesday convicted 15 persons in the infamous Kumher arson which had left 16 people dead in 1992.
As many as 40 persons were made accused in the case in 1992 while 9 of them died during trial.
Out of the rest 31 accused, 16 were acquitted and remaining 15 were held guilty for killing of 16 people and arson, by the special court in the district today.
All the 15 were sent to judicial custody and the court will pronounce judgement tomorrow.
The violence took place in June 1992 in Satyanagar village in Kumher town where people of a village attacked and killed 16 locals.
Several others were injured in the incident besides heavy loss to property.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!