Law and order deteriorating fast under Raje Govt: Congress
Jaipur: Congress on Monday condemned the BJP-led Rajasthan government for the recent atrocities against women, and claimed the law and order situation had been deteriorating fast in the state as no action was being ensured against the perpetrators.
The people of the state were scared and horrified after the recent incidents of crime and atrocities against women and Dalits under the BJP government of Vasundhara Raje, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee spokesperson Archna Sharma said in a statement here.
Despite serious charges of sexual exploitation against the BJP MLA from Behror, no action was ensured by the state government led by a woman Chief Minister, the spokesperson said.
Two senior administrative officers had been accused of rape but no legal action was ensured either, she said.
Two persons, including a sadhvi, were killed by robbers in Kota yesterday, but no one has been arrested so far.
The BJP government was not sensitive enough to understand feeling and security of the common man, she alleged.
The Congress leader also criticised yoga guru Baba Ramdev for making derogatory remarks against Dalits and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi at a poll meeting in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened