Law and Order is Govt`s first priority: Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: Holding her maiden meeting with new ministers and top bureaucrats after the swearing-in on December 13, Rajasthan Chief Minster Vasundhara Raje on Monday said law and order would be her government`s first priority, and it would be maintained and monitored at all costs.
No one involved in disturbing law and order would be spared, and criminal activities would not be tolerated in any condition, Raje told a high-level meeting to focus on "Rajasthan Vision: 2020".
The Chief Minister alleged that law and order situation had deteriorated in the state in the past five years.
The state`s development could not take place if there was no peace and communal harmony, hence her government would take all measures to fulfil the expectations of the people.
Referring to the Mathur Commission, set up by the Congress government to probe into corruption charges against the erstwhile BJP government, which was later quashed by the court, Raje said, "We will not waste our time on such commission, and there are enough laws to tackle corruption."
"We have a progressive thought and hard-working people and they should be encouraged," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport