`Law can’t stop people consuming liquor, tobacco`
Jaipur: No law can deter people from
consuming alcohol and tobacco products, a Rajasthan minister on Friday said and asked public representatives to spread
awareness about their harms.
"The state government has made several efforts to limit
the use of tobacco and liquor, but public participation is
most important in curbing the use of such products and we
all should make efforts in this direction," said Rajendra
Pareek, state Industry and Excise Minister.
The minister was expressing his views on a private-member
resolution moved in Assembly by BJP MLA Chandrakanta Meghwal.
Everybody, including members of the House, should make
efforts to spread awareness about unhealthy and harmful
results of using tobaco products and liquor, Pareek said.
Another BJP MLA Suryakanta Vyas moved a resolution on
rising cases of marriage separation.
Expressing views on this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister
Shanti Dhariwal said that the government`s efforts have
resulted in awareness in women and women empowerment is taking
place in the state.
Social Justice and empowerment minister Ashok Bairwa
held TV serials responsible for the rising number of marriage
separation and nuclear families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What happens after the Brexit vote – the steps ahead!
- Publicise blackmoney scheme at posh markets, malls: CBDT to IT
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Swami Prasad Maurya right person in the wrong party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Feud brewing within Samajwadi Party? Akhilesh Yadav says 'No', adds merger with QED an internal matter of party