Lawyers take out silent march in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Advocates took out a silent march and staged a dharna on Tuesday at Ahinsa circle here against last week`s lathi charge by police on them, when they were moving towards the state Assembly during their agitation for better re-numeration.
"Around 5000 advocates of lower and high court took the rallies from respective courts to the nearby Ahinsa circle and staged a brief and silent dharna and thereafter returned to the courts," Rajkumar Sharma, General Secretary of Advocates` Sangharsh samiti said.
"The brutal lathi charge on lawyers was unfortunate and we demand action against police officers," he said.
Police said that the march today was peaceful.
Several advocates as well as policemen were injured in clashes which broke out on March 6 and 7.
Thousands of advocates marched towards the assembly building on March 6 when chief minister was presenting the state budget to raise their demands, including stipend for new practising advocates and a housing scheme,.
The clashes broke out when police tried to prevent them from advancing towards the legislative building which left around 50 including both advocates and police injured.
Next day on March 7, the lawyers went on rampage and burnt a police van and vandalised a police outpost which resulted in another clash between the police and the advocates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi