Lawyers take out silent march in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Advocates took out a silent march and staged a dharna on Tuesday at Ahinsa circle here against last week`s lathi charge by police on them, when they were moving towards the state Assembly during their agitation for better re-numeration.
"Around 5000 advocates of lower and high court took the rallies from respective courts to the nearby Ahinsa circle and staged a brief and silent dharna and thereafter returned to the courts," Rajkumar Sharma, General Secretary of Advocates` Sangharsh samiti said.
"The brutal lathi charge on lawyers was unfortunate and we demand action against police officers," he said.
Police said that the march today was peaceful.
Several advocates as well as policemen were injured in clashes which broke out on March 6 and 7.
Thousands of advocates marched towards the assembly building on March 6 when chief minister was presenting the state budget to raise their demands, including stipend for new practising advocates and a housing scheme,.
The clashes broke out when police tried to prevent them from advancing towards the legislative building which left around 50 including both advocates and police injured.
Next day on March 7, the lawyers went on rampage and burnt a police van and vandalised a police outpost which resulted in another clash between the police and the advocates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health