Light to moderate rains lash Rajasthan, lightning kills three
Jaipur: Light to moderate rainfall on Saturday occurred at various places in Rajasthan, where lightning claimed lives of three women in Bharatpur district, and left two others injured.
The victims were identified as Manto (40), Ramo (37) and Sono (19), police said.
They had taken shelter from the rain under a tree when the lightning struck, police said, adding that two other women with burn injuries are being treated.
The monsoon remained active in the eastern parts of the desert state today.
Ajmer received the maximum rainfall at 34 mm while Chittorgarh, Dabok, Barmer, Jodhpur, Kota, Churu and Jaipur received 29, 24.5, 20.2, 20.1, 15.8, 8 and 6.3 mm rains respectively, the MeT department said.
Several other places also received showers below 6 mm.
The Met forecasts heavy rainfall at isolated areas in eastern parts of the state during the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31