Light to moderate rains lash Rajasthan, lightning kills three
Jaipur: Light to moderate rainfall on Saturday occurred at various places in Rajasthan, where lightning claimed lives of three women in Bharatpur district, and left two others injured.
The victims were identified as Manto (40), Ramo (37) and Sono (19), police said.
They had taken shelter from the rain under a tree when the lightning struck, police said, adding that two other women with burn injuries are being treated.
The monsoon remained active in the eastern parts of the desert state today.
Ajmer received the maximum rainfall at 34 mm while Chittorgarh, Dabok, Barmer, Jodhpur, Kota, Churu and Jaipur received 29, 24.5, 20.2, 20.1, 15.8, 8 and 6.3 mm rains respectively, the MeT department said.
Several other places also received showers below 6 mm.
The Met forecasts heavy rainfall at isolated areas in eastern parts of the state during the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre