Light to moderate rains lash Rajasthan, lightning kills three
Jaipur: Light to moderate rainfall on Saturday occurred at various places in Rajasthan, where lightning claimed lives of three women in Bharatpur district, and left two others injured.
The victims were identified as Manto (40), Ramo (37) and Sono (19), police said.
They had taken shelter from the rain under a tree when the lightning struck, police said, adding that two other women with burn injuries are being treated.
The monsoon remained active in the eastern parts of the desert state today.
Ajmer received the maximum rainfall at 34 mm while Chittorgarh, Dabok, Barmer, Jodhpur, Kota, Churu and Jaipur received 29, 24.5, 20.2, 20.1, 15.8, 8 and 6.3 mm rains respectively, the MeT department said.
Several other places also received showers below 6 mm.
The Met forecasts heavy rainfall at isolated areas in eastern parts of the state during the next 48 hours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump