Lok Sabha polls 2014: Rajasthan to vote for five seats in second phase
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Lakhs of voters will cast their ballot for five Lok Sabha seats in the second phase of General Elections in Rajasthan on Thursday.
Over 80 lakh electorate will vote for 81 contestants in fray for five Lok Sabha seats - Alwar, Bharatpur, Karauli-Dholpur and Tonk-Swaimadhopur.
While Congress, BJP and BSP have fielded five candidates each, there are 20 independents and 37 nominees of other parties as well.
Major contenders for the seats include Union Minister of State for Finance, Namo Narayan Meena, who is fighting elections against his brother and BJP`s candidate from Dausa, HC Meena.
Union Minister of State for Sports, Jitendra Singh, is pitted against BJP`s Mahant Chandnath from Alwar.
Meanwhile, former cricketer Mohd Azharuddin is pitted against BJP`s Sukhbir Singh Jaunpuria and NPP`s Jagmohan Meena (brother of KL Meena) from Sawaimadhopur-Tonk constituency.
Altogether 9,112 polling stations, including 2,667 critical polling stations, have been set up in the five constituencies.
Over 45,000 security personnel, including central forces, were being deployed to ensure free and fair polls on these seats, DGP (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh said.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie