LPG distributors warn of surrendering licence in Rajasthan
Jaipur: All India LPG Distributors
Federation`s Rajasthan Circle on Saturday warned that all of its 56
dealers in Jaipur will surrender their licence on February 25,
if the auto-booking system of refilling for domestic consumers
is not withdrawn immediately.
"We want auto-booking system with a limit to supply LPG
refill to customers within 21 to 31 days should be abolished
in summer as there is sufficient supply from gas companies,"
the body`s Rajasthan Circle President Deepak Singh Gehlot said
at a press conference here.
"Autobooking enables black marketing of refills by a
nexus of traders and delivery men leading to hoarding
tendency. The supply of commercial cyliders is decreasing as
the domestic cycliners are sold in black market easily,"
He also said erratic raid and inspection of stock-papers
by the Food and Civil Supply department`s vigilance wing was
also damaging the reputation of distributors as the government
could not lodge one solid case against them.
If LPG distributors surrender their licences, about 40
lakh customers would be affected, he warned.
Barring Jaipur, in no other city auto-booking of LPG
cylinder supply was ensured after 21 days, and the customer
would not have to book it through SMS, toll free number or
telephone, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September