Madani accuses Rajasthan govt of ignoring Muslims
Jaipur: Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind general secretary Maulana Mahmood Madani on Thursday claimed that Congress will not return to power again in Rajasthan if issues concerning Muslim community are not addressed.
Madani demanded reservation for the community and justice to the victims of 2011 Gopalgarh violence.
"Congress should forget to comeback in power if the issues of minorities were not addressed adequately," the MP said.
He accused the ruling party of retracting from the promises it made in its election manifesto for the community.
"Congress has never worked on the manifesto they released during polls and the community feels cheated. If our issues are not addressed, Congress should forget that minority community will continue to support them," he said at a meeting organised ahead of Congress` Chintan Shivir.
Addressing the `Insaaf Conference` organised by Jamiat Ulema-E-Rajasthan, Madani targeted Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, saying his government "will not stay for long and would not come back to power because innocent Muslim youth were being made criminals and jailed."
Jamiat`s state general secretary Abdul Vahid Khatri said situation of Muslims in Rajasthan is worse than SC/ST.
"Rajasthan Muslims are far more backward and in bad shape than any other state of India," he said.
They also demanded action against those involved in Gopalgarh incident, in which ten members of the community were killed in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters