Maderna, Bishnoi plotted to kill Bhanwari: CBI
Jodhpur: Sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi conspired together to eliminate Bhanwari Devi to conceal their relation with the slain nurse, the CBI told a trial court here while arguing on framing of charges against the duo and 13 others.
The prosecution today continued with the arguments in the ADJ court. Maderna, who is suffering from slip disc, did not appear in the court.
The arguments on the charges lasted for 45 minutes in the presence of rest 15 accused.
Senior special counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi, began the arguments from where he had left on May 14, the previous hearing, while proving the motive of Maderna and Bishnoi behind the crime.
Joshi argued in the court that when Bhanwari`s news broke out in media in July 2011, both Maderna and Bishnoi got worried of things getting into public domain.
"This development robbed their peace and they got anxious to settle the matter anyhow," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara