Maderna elected VC of Jodhpur Central Cooperative
Jodhpur: Mahipal Maderna, former Rajasthan minister and a key accused in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, was on Tuesday elected vice president of the Jodhpur Central Cooperative bank unopposed.
He is currently lodged in Jaipur jail.
Maderna was also elected unopposed chairman of Gram Sahkari Sewa Samiti of his ancestral village Chadi in December 2011.
His wife Leela Maderna was also elected president of the apex bank unopposed for the second term in succession.
According to the political observers, his victory has sent signals to both the parties, Congress and BJP, that the family still enjoys adequate loyalists and well-wishers, who see the Bhanwari case as a political conspiracy aimed to defame and uproot the family from the political firmament.
Maderna was shifted back to Jaipur jail from Jodhpur`s MDM Hospital on Thursday.
On October 16, 2011, he was sacked by the Rajasthan government from the ministerial post.
Bhanwari was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur district.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged that she was abducted at the behest of Maderna and his associates. These charges were refuted by the minister and his associates.
During CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi