Maderna elected VC of Jodhpur Central Cooperative
Jodhpur: Mahipal Maderna, former Rajasthan minister and a key accused in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, was on Tuesday elected vice president of the Jodhpur Central Cooperative bank unopposed.
He is currently lodged in Jaipur jail.
Maderna was also elected unopposed chairman of Gram Sahkari Sewa Samiti of his ancestral village Chadi in December 2011.
His wife Leela Maderna was also elected president of the apex bank unopposed for the second term in succession.
According to the political observers, his victory has sent signals to both the parties, Congress and BJP, that the family still enjoys adequate loyalists and well-wishers, who see the Bhanwari case as a political conspiracy aimed to defame and uproot the family from the political firmament.
Maderna was shifted back to Jaipur jail from Jodhpur`s MDM Hospital on Thursday.
On October 16, 2011, he was sacked by the Rajasthan government from the ministerial post.
Bhanwari was posted as auxiliary nurse midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur district.
Her husband Amarchand had alleged that she was abducted at the behest of Maderna and his associates. These charges were refuted by the minister and his associates.
During CBI probe, it was found that she was allegedly abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday