Maderna leaves hospital, gets CBI summon
Jodhpur: The CBI has summoned sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna for questioning, after he was discharged from a hospital here Friday night.
Maderna is a prime suspect in nurse Bhanwari Devi disappearance case.
Maderna was admitted to the MDM Government Hospital last week after he complained of chest pain.
He was being treated for mild chest pain and marginal blood pressure, hospital sources said.
Maderna was allowed to go yesterday as his health parameters were normal, they said.
Maderna was quizzed twice by the CBI last week and he had assured that he would cooperate with the investigating agency but was later admitted to the hospital when he complained of chest pain.
Bhanwari Devi is missing since September 1 and Maderna is the main suspect in the case.
On a request by CBI, which wanted the opinion of experts on his health so that it could resume his questioning in the case, a three-member medical team was formed recently to examine the health of Maderna.
His loyalists and family members wanted to take him to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for ``better treatment`` but the CBI wanted its justification. So the report of the medical team was forwarded to the AIIMS.
(With PTI inputs)
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016