Maderna, Malkhan to be shifted outside Jodhpur
Jaipur: Congress MLAs Mahipal Maderna and
Malkhan Singh, both accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and
murder case, will soon be shifted outside the Jodhpur jail
following government orders, officials said on Tuesday.
While Maderna will be sent to the Jaipur Central Jail,
Malkhan will be shifted to the Ajmer Central Jail as per the
orders, officials said.
The Home Department had issued orders in this regard a
couple of days ago following a CBI application in the High
Court seeking transfer of both the accused from Jodhpur.
In its plea, CBI had alleged that the accused were trying
to influence the witnesses, after which the court had issued
notices to the state government seeking its response over the
"On CBI`s plea, the High Court had sought response from
the government, so it was decided to shift them and the orders
to this effect were issued two days back," Principal Secretary
(Home) G S Sandhu said.
Subsequently, the government had issued orders directing
the Jodhpur jail superintendent to shift both the accused
outside Jodhpur, he said.
Bhanwari Devi, 36, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara
area on September one last year following which her husband
Amarchand, who is now in jail, had filed a habeas corpus
petition in the High Court.
After the state government ordered a CBI probe into the
case, the agency arrested Mahipal Maderna and Congress MLA
Malkhan Singh in December last year for their alleged
involvement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army