Maderna, Parasram`s judicial custody extended
Jodhpur: A CBI court here Saturday extended the judicial custody of Mahipal Maderna and Parasram, arrested for their alleged involvement in Bhanwari Devi abduction case, till January 6.
They were produced before the court of Jagdish Jyani, which extended their custody.
Former Rajasthan Water Resource Minister Maderna, who represents Osian Assembly constituency, was sacked from the state cabinet on October 16 by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot after reports of his alleged involvement in missing of the
36-year-old nurse case surfaced.
Parasram is the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, who has also been arrested in the case and is presently under CBI custody where he is being interrogated.
Apart from Maderna, Parasram and Malkhan, three more accused -- Baldev, Sohanlal and Shahbuddin -- have been apprehended so far in the case.
CBI also arrested Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand on charge of non-cooperation in the investigation, whereas a key conspirator Sahiram, who was being searched by the agency, surrendered in the court and was arrested by CBI yesterday.
Malkhan and Sahiram are under the CBI custody, while rest of the accused are under judicial custody.
Bhanwari, posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur, went missing on September 1 after a CD allegedly showing her and Maderna in a compromising position was circulated in the
The CBI took over the probe in the case from the state police on October 11 following a request from the Rajasthan government.
The CBI court also rejected an application of four accused
to provide a copy of Amarchand`s statements recorded with the
magistrate on December 22.
Counsel for Maderna, Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, Parasram
Bishnoi and Amarchand had moved an application before the CBI
court demanding the copy of the statements. But the counsel of
CBI, SS Yadav, objected to it citing that it will affect the
investigation and attempts can be made to influence Amarchand.
"We prayed the court to keep it secret until the CBI
files the charge sheet," Yadav said.
Meanwhile, the SC/ST court rejected the anticipatory bail
plea of Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi, against whom the
CBI court had issued arrest warrants yesterday.
The CBI court had issued arrest warrants against Pukh Raj
Bishnoi and Dinesh, who are son and nephew of Sohanlal, after
CBI made a plea for their interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read