Maderna, Parasram`s judicial custody extended
Jodhpur: A CBI court here Saturday extended the judicial custody of Mahipal Maderna and Parasram, arrested for their alleged involvement in Bhanwari Devi abduction case, till January 6.
They were produced before the court of Jagdish Jyani, which extended their custody.
Former Rajasthan Water Resource Minister Maderna, who represents Osian Assembly constituency, was sacked from the state cabinet on October 16 by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot after reports of his alleged involvement in missing of the
36-year-old nurse case surfaced.
Parasram is the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh, who has also been arrested in the case and is presently under CBI custody where he is being interrogated.
Apart from Maderna, Parasram and Malkhan, three more accused -- Baldev, Sohanlal and Shahbuddin -- have been apprehended so far in the case.
CBI also arrested Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand on charge of non-cooperation in the investigation, whereas a key conspirator Sahiram, who was being searched by the agency, surrendered in the court and was arrested by CBI yesterday.
Malkhan and Sahiram are under the CBI custody, while rest of the accused are under judicial custody.
Bhanwari, posted as auxiliary nurse and midwife at a sub-centre in Jaliwada village, around 120 km from Jodhpur, went missing on September 1 after a CD allegedly showing her and Maderna in a compromising position was circulated in the
The CBI took over the probe in the case from the state police on October 11 following a request from the Rajasthan government.
The CBI court also rejected an application of four accused
to provide a copy of Amarchand`s statements recorded with the
magistrate on December 22.
Counsel for Maderna, Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, Parasram
Bishnoi and Amarchand had moved an application before the CBI
court demanding the copy of the statements. But the counsel of
CBI, SS Yadav, objected to it citing that it will affect the
investigation and attempts can be made to influence Amarchand.
"We prayed the court to keep it secret until the CBI
files the charge sheet," Yadav said.
Meanwhile, the SC/ST court rejected the anticipatory bail
plea of Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi, against whom the
CBI court had issued arrest warrants yesterday.
The CBI court had issued arrest warrants against Pukh Raj
Bishnoi and Dinesh, who are son and nephew of Sohanlal, after
CBI made a plea for their interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says