Maderna remanded in custody till December 24
Jodhpur: A CBI court here on Monday remanded
former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi
in judicial custody till December 24 in the Bhanwari Devi case
They were produced before the local CBI court where
magistrate Jagdish Jyani remanded them in judicial custody.
Maderna was arrested on December 2 in Jodhpur by the CBI
along with Bishnoi, the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
after it filed charge sheet against three other arrested
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1 and her husband
Amarchand alleged that she was abducted at the behest of
Maderna. The CBI has also arrested Amar Chand on charges of
not cooperating with the investigation.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the sensational case
while two accused Sahiram and Bishnaram are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS