Maderna remanded in custody till December 24
Jodhpur: A CBI court here on Monday remanded
former Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Parasram Bishnoi
in judicial custody till December 24 in the Bhanwari Devi case
They were produced before the local CBI court where
magistrate Jagdish Jyani remanded them in judicial custody.
Maderna was arrested on December 2 in Jodhpur by the CBI
along with Bishnoi, the brother of Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
after it filed charge sheet against three other arrested
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1 and her husband
Amarchand alleged that she was abducted at the behest of
Maderna. The CBI has also arrested Amar Chand on charges of
not cooperating with the investigation.
Shahbuddin, Baldev and Sohan Ram are the other accused
who are behind bars in connection with the sensational case
while two accused Sahiram and Bishnaram are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!