`Maha-mratyunjya yagya` for Jaswant in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Scores of people on Sunday began a "mahamratyunjya yaga" here at Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple for the fast recovery of their leader and former NDA Minister Jaswant Singh who continued to be on life support system after he was operated upon a head injury at the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Delhi.
Jaswant`s supporters and well wishers started the yagya at the Muketeshwar Mahadev Temple premise for his long life, Pooran Singh Bhati, chairman of Jaisalmer Development Bank, said.
Some other fans of Jaswant held a similar yagya at Baisahki village yesterday, Bhati said.
Jaisalmer Rotary Club President Mayan Bhatiya and a young BJP leader were also separately holding prayers for Jaswant`s recovery from coma.
The 76-year-old former Defence Minister was admitted to the hospital at around 11 PM on August 7 after he fell down at his residence.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs, Defence and Finance Minister in Vajpayee government, was expelled from the BJP early this year after he decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent after being denied a ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today