`Maha-mratyunjya yagya` for Jaswant in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Scores of people on Sunday began a "mahamratyunjya yaga" here at Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple for the fast recovery of their leader and former NDA Minister Jaswant Singh who continued to be on life support system after he was operated upon a head injury at the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Delhi.
Jaswant`s supporters and well wishers started the yagya at the Muketeshwar Mahadev Temple premise for his long life, Pooran Singh Bhati, chairman of Jaisalmer Development Bank, said.
Some other fans of Jaswant held a similar yagya at Baisahki village yesterday, Bhati said.
Jaisalmer Rotary Club President Mayan Bhatiya and a young BJP leader were also separately holding prayers for Jaswant`s recovery from coma.
The 76-year-old former Defence Minister was admitted to the hospital at around 11 PM on August 7 after he fell down at his residence.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs, Defence and Finance Minister in Vajpayee government, was expelled from the BJP early this year after he decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent after being denied a ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?