`Maha-mratyunjya yagya` for Jaswant in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Scores of people on Sunday began a "mahamratyunjya yaga" here at Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple for the fast recovery of their leader and former NDA Minister Jaswant Singh who continued to be on life support system after he was operated upon a head injury at the Army Research and Referral Hospital in Delhi.
Jaswant`s supporters and well wishers started the yagya at the Muketeshwar Mahadev Temple premise for his long life, Pooran Singh Bhati, chairman of Jaisalmer Development Bank, said.
Some other fans of Jaswant held a similar yagya at Baisahki village yesterday, Bhati said.
Jaisalmer Rotary Club President Mayan Bhatiya and a young BJP leader were also separately holding prayers for Jaswant`s recovery from coma.
The 76-year-old former Defence Minister was admitted to the hospital at around 11 PM on August 7 after he fell down at his residence.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs, Defence and Finance Minister in Vajpayee government, was expelled from the BJP early this year after he decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent after being denied a ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Hyundai Tucson to get 2.0-l petrol engine; no 1.6-l diesel
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan