Mahila Congress identifies constituencies where women can win
Jaipur: Mahila Congress President Anita Verma on Sunday said the organisation was identifying Assembly constituencies across the country where female candidates of the party could gain victory comfortably.
Addressing a state level meeting of the organisation, Verma said in order to ensure equal representation to women during ticket distribution, constituencies where female candidates could win seats were being identified.
The Mahila Congress president expressed dissatisfaction over low number of woman candidates in political appointments by the government.
She encouraged women activists and workers to come forward to play important roles in the organisation through hard work and dedication.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot urged the participants to increase awareness among people at grassroots level about government`s pro-people schemes and disseminate benefits of the flagship programmes and policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore