Mahila Congress identifies constituencies where women can win
Jaipur: Mahila Congress President Anita Verma on Sunday said the organisation was identifying Assembly constituencies across the country where female candidates of the party could gain victory comfortably.
Addressing a state level meeting of the organisation, Verma said in order to ensure equal representation to women during ticket distribution, constituencies where female candidates could win seats were being identified.
The Mahila Congress president expressed dissatisfaction over low number of woman candidates in political appointments by the government.
She encouraged women activists and workers to come forward to play important roles in the organisation through hard work and dedication.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot urged the participants to increase awareness among people at grassroots level about government`s pro-people schemes and disseminate benefits of the flagship programmes and policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29