Mahipal Maderna granted conditional permission to attend funeral
Jodhpur: A local court today granted conditional permission to Mahipal Maderna to attend his father`s funeral at his ancestral village at Chadi near Jodhpur.
Mahipal, who has already been granted conditional permission from the ACJM (SC/ST cases) court from February 13 to 17, today moved the application seeking an interim bail for a month to attend the last rites of his father.
Magistrate Sanjay Kumar rejected his interim bail plea but granted him permission from February 17 to March 2 to attend his father`s last rites amid police security, said the CBI senior special counsel Ashok Joshi.
88-year-old Rajasthan Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna died here at a hospital yesterday following respiratory problem.
Former Congress minister in Rajasthan Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was granted interim bail by a court on February 12 to attend to his ailing father at SMS Hospital from 13 to 17 February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!