Man alleges threat by local mine mafia, asks Guv to end life
Jaipur: A man, who was allegedly getting threats by local mining mafia, has requested the Rajasthan Governor to allow him to end his and family members` lives.
Vijay Kumar, a resident of Dholpur district, told reporters today that he made the request by sending a letter by post to Governor and a copy of the letter has also been sent to Superintendent of police.
In letter he requested to end his and 23 family members` lives. SP Dholpur Harendra Kumar said he was examining the letter while Raj Bhawan sources declined to comment.
"The man has alleged that he was being threatened by mining mafia in the district but the fact is that he himself has been involved in illegal mining. Cases were lodged against him and chargesheet in one case has already been filed in a court," Kumar said.
Sources at the Raj Bhawan here said that letters in large number are received but they did not come across such letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’