Man chops youth`s arms with axe, sent to police custody
Jaipur: A court on Sunday remanded Hari Gothiya, arrested for allegedly chopping off the arms of a 25-year-old youth, in police remand till December 13.
A court in Karauli district sent accused Hari Gothiya in police custody till December 13 after the police sought his custodial interrogation to make more arrest in the case.
Police officials maintained that raids were being conducted in search of seven others named in the case.
On December 7, both the arms of a 25-year-old Pappu Sharma were chopped off allegedly by a group of eight persons over a property related dispute at Baloti village of Karauli.
One Rekh Singh Meena called Sharma to his residence for a discussion, police said.
Meena and his seven accomplices attacked Sharma after a heated debate, they said adding, Gothiya attacked Sharma with an axe and chopped both his hands.
Gothiya is being questioned about the axe used in the crime and the victim`s severed arms as he had taken both along with him while leaving Rekh`s residence, police said.
Sharma, who was first taken to district hospital was later rushed to Sawai Man Singh hospital at Jaipur, in a critical condition.
Meanwhile, sources at Sawai Man Singh hospital said the condition of Sharma was stable.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan