Man chops youth`s arms with axe, sent to police custody
Jaipur: A court on Sunday remanded Hari Gothiya, arrested for allegedly chopping off the arms of a 25-year-old youth, in police remand till December 13.
A court in Karauli district sent accused Hari Gothiya in police custody till December 13 after the police sought his custodial interrogation to make more arrest in the case.
Police officials maintained that raids were being conducted in search of seven others named in the case.
On December 7, both the arms of a 25-year-old Pappu Sharma were chopped off allegedly by a group of eight persons over a property related dispute at Baloti village of Karauli.
One Rekh Singh Meena called Sharma to his residence for a discussion, police said.
Meena and his seven accomplices attacked Sharma after a heated debate, they said adding, Gothiya attacked Sharma with an axe and chopped both his hands.
Gothiya is being questioned about the axe used in the crime and the victim`s severed arms as he had taken both along with him while leaving Rekh`s residence, police said.
Sharma, who was first taken to district hospital was later rushed to Sawai Man Singh hospital at Jaipur, in a critical condition.
Meanwhile, sources at Sawai Man Singh hospital said the condition of Sharma was stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea