Man shot dead by miscreants in Jaipur
Jajpur: A young man was shot dead by two unidentified miscreants at Padmanavpur on Chandikhole - Paradeep Express Highway in Jajpur district, police said Tuesday.
The man has been identified as Prakash Sethy (32) of Rajnagar area in neighbouring Kendrapara district.
The incident took place last evening when the victim was travelling on his motorcycle to his native place from Chandikhole along with his friend, the police said.
Two unidentified miscreants on a bike fired at Sethy from a close range at Padmanavpur along the express highway and fled away. Sethy fell from his bike and was rushed to the nearby government hospital.
He was later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where he succumbed to injuries, they said.
Meanwhile, police have launched a manhunt in the locality to nab the killers. Old rivalry is stated to be the reason behind the murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference