Man `stripped` before his children at police station
Jaipur: In an another instance of police high-handedness, a man was allegedly forced to strip before his children in a police station in Sri Ganganagar and his minor daughter was put in a lock-up after he was detained in a land dispute case, prompting police to order a probe.
Nandram from Sri Ganganagar district alleged that he was called at Sameja police station on Monday in connection with a complaint against him where the Station House Officer (SHO) Kuldeep forced him to confess and strip before his minor son and daughter.
He also alleged that the SHO had put his daughter in the lock-up.
Following the complaint, SP C Santosh instructed a DSP to probe into the allegation against the SHO.
Nandram was called at the police station after a complaint was filed against him by a woman, alleging that he had grabbed her land-related documents.
Recently in Uttar Pradesh, a 10-year-old rape victim was put in a lock-up in a Mahila Thana in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
The incident drew the Supreme Court`s ire which had directed the UP government to file a response on the detention of the rape victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty