Man `stripped` before his children at police station
Jaipur: In an another instance of police high-handedness, a man was allegedly forced to strip before his children in a police station in Sri Ganganagar and his minor daughter was put in a lock-up after he was detained in a land dispute case, prompting police to order a probe.
Nandram from Sri Ganganagar district alleged that he was called at Sameja police station on Monday in connection with a complaint against him where the Station House Officer (SHO) Kuldeep forced him to confess and strip before his minor son and daughter.
He also alleged that the SHO had put his daughter in the lock-up.
Following the complaint, SP C Santosh instructed a DSP to probe into the allegation against the SHO.
Nandram was called at the police station after a complaint was filed against him by a woman, alleging that he had grabbed her land-related documents.
Recently in Uttar Pradesh, a 10-year-old rape victim was put in a lock-up in a Mahila Thana in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
The incident drew the Supreme Court`s ire which had directed the UP government to file a response on the detention of the rape victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?