Man `stripped` before his children at police station
Jaipur: In an another instance of police high-handedness, a man was allegedly forced to strip before his children in a police station in Sri Ganganagar and his minor daughter was put in a lock-up after he was detained in a land dispute case, prompting police to order a probe.
Nandram from Sri Ganganagar district alleged that he was called at Sameja police station on Monday in connection with a complaint against him where the Station House Officer (SHO) Kuldeep forced him to confess and strip before his minor son and daughter.
He also alleged that the SHO had put his daughter in the lock-up.
Following the complaint, SP C Santosh instructed a DSP to probe into the allegation against the SHO.
Nandram was called at the police station after a complaint was filed against him by a woman, alleging that he had grabbed her land-related documents.
Recently in Uttar Pradesh, a 10-year-old rape victim was put in a lock-up in a Mahila Thana in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
The incident drew the Supreme Court`s ire which had directed the UP government to file a response on the detention of the rape victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown