Man `stripped` before his children at police station
Jaipur: In an another instance of police high-handedness, a man was allegedly forced to strip before his children in a police station in Sri Ganganagar and his minor daughter was put in a lock-up after he was detained in a land dispute case, prompting police to order a probe.
Nandram from Sri Ganganagar district alleged that he was called at Sameja police station on Monday in connection with a complaint against him where the Station House Officer (SHO) Kuldeep forced him to confess and strip before his minor son and daughter.
He also alleged that the SHO had put his daughter in the lock-up.
Following the complaint, SP C Santosh instructed a DSP to probe into the allegation against the SHO.
Nandram was called at the police station after a complaint was filed against him by a woman, alleging that he had grabbed her land-related documents.
Recently in Uttar Pradesh, a 10-year-old rape victim was put in a lock-up in a Mahila Thana in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
The incident drew the Supreme Court`s ire which had directed the UP government to file a response on the detention of the rape victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city