Marginal drop in Mercury in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury dropped by a few notches in parts of Rajasthan on Saturday, however, people experienced not much respite from the searing heat.
According to MeT office, Kota was the hottest place as it recorded a maximum of 41.4 degrees Celsius followed by Barmer at 40.5 degrees C.
Though, light rains occurred at isolated pockets in the state, there was not much respite from the scorching heat, a MeT official said.
Jaipur had a maximum of 40.1 degrees C whereas Churu and Bikaner recorded maximum of 39.5 and 39 degree C respectively, according to a MeT report here.
MeT office, in a forecast, said that duststorms accompanied by light rains may occur at isolated areas in the state during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown