MBA student raped by 52-year-old hostel owner
Jaipur: A 22-year-old MBA student from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly raped by the owner of a girls` hostel in Ramnagar area here where she was staying, police said on Tuesday.
Ramgopal Kumawat (52) was arrested today for raping the student when she alone at the hostel yesterday, police said.
Kumawat has been booked under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC, they said, adding that the girl has been sent to SMS hospital for medical examination.
In another incident, a nine-year-old girl was allegedly molested by two minor boys at New Indira Colony here yesterday, ACP-Amber Surendra Sagar said.
The boys have been detained under sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 (POCSO) and IPC.
The accused boys, 12 and 14 years old, lured the girl to the forest area in Brahampuri and molested her by removing her clothes, the ACP said, adding that the two juveniles also tried to rape her.
The girl`s mother has lodged an FIR with Brahampuri police station against the boys, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB