MBA student raped by 52-year-old hostel owner
Jaipur: A 22-year-old MBA student from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly raped by the owner of a girls` hostel in Ramnagar area here where she was staying, police said on Tuesday.
Ramgopal Kumawat (52) was arrested today for raping the student when she alone at the hostel yesterday, police said.
Kumawat has been booked under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC, they said, adding that the girl has been sent to SMS hospital for medical examination.
In another incident, a nine-year-old girl was allegedly molested by two minor boys at New Indira Colony here yesterday, ACP-Amber Surendra Sagar said.
The boys have been detained under sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 (POCSO) and IPC.
The accused boys, 12 and 14 years old, lured the girl to the forest area in Brahampuri and molested her by removing her clothes, the ACP said, adding that the two juveniles also tried to rape her.
The girl`s mother has lodged an FIR with Brahampuri police station against the boys, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi