MBBS student commits suicide in Jaipur
Jaipur: An MBBS student allegedly committed suicide by consuming excessive sleeping pills here, police said Monday.
Shashank (22), a final year MBBS student of a private college at Sitapura here, was found lying in an unconscious state in his rented room yesterday.
When his mother failed to contact him on his mobile phone, she called Shashank`s friend who went to his room and broke open the door.
"He was taken to a private hospital where he died yesterday," police said today.
Primary investigations reveal he was under stress due to pressure of studying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family