Medical officer arrested for taking bribe in Bundi
Bundi: A government medical officer has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe by a man by a team of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths at Kota, police said today.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Nagar, a resident of Rajatgarh Colony and posted at the District Government Hospital, was arrested last night for accepting the bribe of Rs 5,000 from Radheyshyam Soni, Additional Superintendent of Police (ACB), Devendra Kumar Sharma said.
Soni had yesterday visited the ACB office with the complaint that the doctor had demanded the payment for issuing the correct Medical Legal Certificate (MLC) report for two of his kin.
The complainant’s son Suresh Soni and another relative were severely injured in an attack by a group of youngsters on Monday and are receiving treatment at the government hospital here.
The medical officer prepared a casual MLC report of the injuries sustained by the duo and demanded Rs 7,000 for issuing a proper report.
However, he finally settled for a payment of Rs 5,000 although Soni then went and complained about the matter to ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir