Medical officer arrested for taking bribe in Bundi
Bundi: A government medical officer has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe by a man by a team of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths at Kota, police said today.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Nagar, a resident of Rajatgarh Colony and posted at the District Government Hospital, was arrested last night for accepting the bribe of Rs 5,000 from Radheyshyam Soni, Additional Superintendent of Police (ACB), Devendra Kumar Sharma said.
Soni had yesterday visited the ACB office with the complaint that the doctor had demanded the payment for issuing the correct Medical Legal Certificate (MLC) report for two of his kin.
The complainant’s son Suresh Soni and another relative were severely injured in an attack by a group of youngsters on Monday and are receiving treatment at the government hospital here.
The medical officer prepared a casual MLC report of the injuries sustained by the duo and demanded Rs 7,000 for issuing a proper report.
However, he finally settled for a payment of Rs 5,000 although Soni then went and complained about the matter to ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...