Medical officer arrested for taking bribe in Bundi
Bundi: A government medical officer has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe by a man by a team of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths at Kota, police said today.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Nagar, a resident of Rajatgarh Colony and posted at the District Government Hospital, was arrested last night for accepting the bribe of Rs 5,000 from Radheyshyam Soni, Additional Superintendent of Police (ACB), Devendra Kumar Sharma said.
Soni had yesterday visited the ACB office with the complaint that the doctor had demanded the payment for issuing the correct Medical Legal Certificate (MLC) report for two of his kin.
The complainant’s son Suresh Soni and another relative were severely injured in an attack by a group of youngsters on Monday and are receiving treatment at the government hospital here.
The medical officer prepared a casual MLC report of the injuries sustained by the duo and demanded Rs 7,000 for issuing a proper report.
However, he finally settled for a payment of Rs 5,000 although Soni then went and complained about the matter to ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!