Medical services hit as resident doctors go on strike in Raj
Jaipur: Medical and health services were affected in government-run hospitals on Tuesday as thousands of doctors went on an indefinite strike to protest against the alleged manhandling of medicos by a patient`s relatives at Bikaner`s PBM hospital recently.
Resident doctors did not turn up on duty in Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Jaipur and Jodhpur`s government hospitals, official sources said.
Senior doctors were deployed at the emergency and outdoors to tackle the exigency, sources in the Medical and Health department said.
In Jaipur alone, the strike by over 1,000 resident doctors paralysed the outdoor services, emergency at SMS hospital, JK Lon Hospital, Mahila Chiktsalaya, Kanwatia hospital and TB hospital, they said.
On September 12, some relatives of a patient, who died during treatment at PBM Bikaner hospital, had allegedly beaten up the resident doctors. They also registered multiple cases against the doctors.
The relatives of Ramswaroop Upadhyay (50) alleged that doctors did not attend to him on time and the delay led to his death.
The Resident Doctors` Association alleged that the police, instead of nabbing the culprits, had registered cases against them, who were trying to save the patient`s life.
The Association also demanded that adequate security be provided to doctors in government hospitals and cases be withdrawn forthwith, its spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal