Medical services hit as resident doctors go on strike in Raj
Jaipur: Medical and health services were affected in government-run hospitals on Tuesday as thousands of doctors went on an indefinite strike to protest against the alleged manhandling of medicos by a patient`s relatives at Bikaner`s PBM hospital recently.
Resident doctors did not turn up on duty in Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Jaipur and Jodhpur`s government hospitals, official sources said.
Senior doctors were deployed at the emergency and outdoors to tackle the exigency, sources in the Medical and Health department said.
In Jaipur alone, the strike by over 1,000 resident doctors paralysed the outdoor services, emergency at SMS hospital, JK Lon Hospital, Mahila Chiktsalaya, Kanwatia hospital and TB hospital, they said.
On September 12, some relatives of a patient, who died during treatment at PBM Bikaner hospital, had allegedly beaten up the resident doctors. They also registered multiple cases against the doctors.
The relatives of Ramswaroop Upadhyay (50) alleged that doctors did not attend to him on time and the delay led to his death.
The Resident Doctors` Association alleged that the police, instead of nabbing the culprits, had registered cases against them, who were trying to save the patient`s life.
The Association also demanded that adequate security be provided to doctors in government hospitals and cases be withdrawn forthwith, its spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!