Medical services hit as resident doctors go on strike in Raj
Jaipur: Medical and health services were affected in government-run hospitals on Tuesday as thousands of doctors went on an indefinite strike to protest against the alleged manhandling of medicos by a patient`s relatives at Bikaner`s PBM hospital recently.
Resident doctors did not turn up on duty in Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Jaipur and Jodhpur`s government hospitals, official sources said.
Senior doctors were deployed at the emergency and outdoors to tackle the exigency, sources in the Medical and Health department said.
In Jaipur alone, the strike by over 1,000 resident doctors paralysed the outdoor services, emergency at SMS hospital, JK Lon Hospital, Mahila Chiktsalaya, Kanwatia hospital and TB hospital, they said.
On September 12, some relatives of a patient, who died during treatment at PBM Bikaner hospital, had allegedly beaten up the resident doctors. They also registered multiple cases against the doctors.
The relatives of Ramswaroop Upadhyay (50) alleged that doctors did not attend to him on time and the delay led to his death.
The Resident Doctors` Association alleged that the police, instead of nabbing the culprits, had registered cases against them, who were trying to save the patient`s life.
The Association also demanded that adequate security be provided to doctors in government hospitals and cases be withdrawn forthwith, its spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- After Gujarat, two Bihar Dalit youths thrashed, urinated upon: Watch shocking video
- Another beef-related assault reported, four of a Dalit family attacked in Karnataka
- INS Viraat embarks on farewell voyage to Kochi