Meena community leader continues dharna against corruption
Jaipur: Meena community leader Kirori Lal
Meena and his wife Golma Devi continued their dharna against
corruption for the fifth day on Monday at civil lines here,
despite fresh round of talks with the Rajasthan government
ending on a positive note.
Dhausa MP Meena and State Khadi Minister Golma Devi,
are awaiting a response from Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot over
their demands on issues related to tribals raised in
yesterday`s meeting with State Tourism Minister Bina Kak and
Energy Minister Jitendra Sing, to call off their agitation.
"Both the ministers had agreed to our demands and said
they will discuss the outcome of the meeting with the chief
minister. But so far we have not received any response from
the state government," Meena said.
"We handed over a list of people who died due to
starvation in Udaipur but the government has not agreed to
accept it as a case of starvation deaths, but has assured a
suitable compensation for them. Other issues related to
upliftment of tribal people were also discussed in the
meeting, but we will call off the agitation only after solid
assurance from the chief minister," he said.
The couple is sitting on a dharna near civil lines
since Thursday against corruption and issues related to
tribals in the state.
"The talks were positive and agreement was reached on
majority of issues," Kak had said yesterday after the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India