Meena community leader continues dharna against corruption
Jaipur: Meena community leader Kirori Lal
Meena and his wife Golma Devi continued their dharna against
corruption for the fifth day on Monday at civil lines here,
despite fresh round of talks with the Rajasthan government
ending on a positive note.
Dhausa MP Meena and State Khadi Minister Golma Devi,
are awaiting a response from Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot over
their demands on issues related to tribals raised in
yesterday`s meeting with State Tourism Minister Bina Kak and
Energy Minister Jitendra Sing, to call off their agitation.
"Both the ministers had agreed to our demands and said
they will discuss the outcome of the meeting with the chief
minister. But so far we have not received any response from
the state government," Meena said.
"We handed over a list of people who died due to
starvation in Udaipur but the government has not agreed to
accept it as a case of starvation deaths, but has assured a
suitable compensation for them. Other issues related to
upliftment of tribal people were also discussed in the
meeting, but we will call off the agitation only after solid
assurance from the chief minister," he said.
The couple is sitting on a dharna near civil lines
since Thursday against corruption and issues related to
tribals in the state.
"The talks were positive and agreement was reached on
majority of issues," Kak had said yesterday after the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days