Meena community members observe bandh over cop`s murder
Jaipur: Protesting over the murder of a head constable of Rajasthan Police, scores of people from the Meena community in Mandwar town in Dausa district today observed a bandh and demanded immediate arrest of the persons involved in the incident.
The protesters assembled outside the Mandwar police station, demanding immediate arrest of the accused behind the murder of head constable Chiranji Lal Meena, martyr`s status for him and compensation to his family.
Meena was allegedly shot dead by some miscreants over some old rivalry at Isari Khera village in Dausa district yesterday, police said.
Meanwhile, Dausa MP Kirorilal Meena also visited the area and demanded prompt action against culprits involved in the crime.
Adequate police personnel have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets