Members of BJP youth wing court arrest in Jaipur
Jaipur: Protesting against the alleged anti-people policies of UPA government, members of BJP Yuva Morcha on Wednesday courted arrest here.
The activists led by BJYM state president Rishi Bansal took out a `Dhikkar Rally` from the party office to civil lines railway crossing on completion of three years of UPA-II in office.
"During the protest, 50 activists courted arrest and were later released," police said.
Bansal blamed the policies of the central government for rising inflation and corruption in the country.
Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari termed the UPA government`s three years in office as an "unfortunate period" for the nation.
"The three years of the UPA government have been marked by for skyrocketing prices and rampant corruption," he said at a press conference in the party office here.
"The government has failed to control inflation, curb corruption and tackle naxalism and security related other national issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing