Members of BJP youth wing court arrest in Jaipur
Jaipur: Protesting against the alleged anti-people policies of UPA government, members of BJP Yuva Morcha on Wednesday courted arrest here.
The activists led by BJYM state president Rishi Bansal took out a `Dhikkar Rally` from the party office to civil lines railway crossing on completion of three years of UPA-II in office.
"During the protest, 50 activists courted arrest and were later released," police said.
Bansal blamed the policies of the central government for rising inflation and corruption in the country.
Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari termed the UPA government`s three years in office as an "unfortunate period" for the nation.
"The three years of the UPA government have been marked by for skyrocketing prices and rampant corruption," he said at a press conference in the party office here.
"The government has failed to control inflation, curb corruption and tackle naxalism and security related other national issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH