Members of BJP youth wing court arrest in Jaipur
Jaipur: Protesting against the alleged anti-people policies of UPA government, members of BJP Yuva Morcha on Wednesday courted arrest here.
The activists led by BJYM state president Rishi Bansal took out a `Dhikkar Rally` from the party office to civil lines railway crossing on completion of three years of UPA-II in office.
"During the protest, 50 activists courted arrest and were later released," police said.
Bansal blamed the policies of the central government for rising inflation and corruption in the country.
Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari termed the UPA government`s three years in office as an "unfortunate period" for the nation.
"The three years of the UPA government have been marked by for skyrocketing prices and rampant corruption," he said at a press conference in the party office here.
"The government has failed to control inflation, curb corruption and tackle naxalism and security related other national issues," he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal