Members of BJP youth wing court arrest in Jaipur
Jaipur: Protesting against the alleged anti-people policies of UPA government, members of BJP Yuva Morcha on Wednesday courted arrest here.
The activists led by BJYM state president Rishi Bansal took out a `Dhikkar Rally` from the party office to civil lines railway crossing on completion of three years of UPA-II in office.
"During the protest, 50 activists courted arrest and were later released," police said.
Bansal blamed the policies of the central government for rising inflation and corruption in the country.
Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari termed the UPA government`s three years in office as an "unfortunate period" for the nation.
"The three years of the UPA government have been marked by for skyrocketing prices and rampant corruption," he said at a press conference in the party office here.
"The government has failed to control inflation, curb corruption and tackle naxalism and security related other national issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far